Skip to main content




Any Person with Speech and Hearing Disability - having minimum 40% and above with Disability Certificate. He /She must be Citizen of India and in employability age group i.e. Minimum 18 Years.

Any owner of company or representative official Factory Manager/HR, Manger /Admin Manager of Registered Ltd., Pvt Ltd Companies /Organizations/ Farms/ Shops /Pvt. and Small Scale Business, having Registration Certificate under the Company Act.

People may contact Rehabilitation Officer /Vocational Counsellor /Social Welfare Officer in AYJNISHD(D) and its Regional Centers, Composite Regional Centers for Vocational and Career Guidance  for Person with Speech and Hearing Disability of minimum 40% and above.

The Address and contact details of the HQ,  Regional Centers and Composite Regional Centers are available on the Institute website i.e www. External website that opens in a new windowin contact us link.

Yes. After receiving the request by candidate who has already joined in wage paid employment and required any help related to his/her job related issues such as Medical fitness certificate, Referral letter, Medical Certificate for Income Tax, Exemption of Professional Tax, Communication problem with Supervisor and Co-worker etc.

No, The Institute will not be involved in the selection process of the candidates. However, if the Employer requires support during the recruitment process such as referral of candidates, scrutiny of the candidates, coordination, and Sign Language Interpretation services etc., the Institute may provide these services subject to approval of Director of the Institute.

Railways concession are issued to Persons With Hearing and Speech Impairment Totally (Both Afflictions Together in the Same Person) . It can be availed from Department of SERD (Room No-D-104) at HQ and your nearest District Civil hospital and Government Medical Colleges.

Foremost, you should register yourself online from website that opens in a new window or offline in E- Wing E-7 (ground floor). Kindly see the map at the entrance to locate the registration /reception desk.

Post registration, you will be directed by the concern official to E-1 for case history. Further, contact departments for testing.

  • Audiology – A-02
  • Speech-Language Pathology – B-15
  • Psychology – D-05
  • Education – D – 206

Hearing Disability certificate is issued to individuals with hard of hearing or deafness. Resident of Mumbai and its suburbs can contact A-104. The medical board sits on every Wednesdays for issue of certficates..

Railways concession are issued to those who are hard of hearing or having total deafness. It can be availed from Department of SERD (Room No-D-104).

Home based training can be availed from B-04 (speech therapeutic department)/ E-04 Parent Infant Programme/ 206 (Preschool Program)

Registrations/appointment can be made online on website that opens in a new window .You can make appointment for services - audiology, speech, psychology and education services.

Free hearing aids are provided by this institute under the ADIP scheme .For details, visit website that opens in a new window

Free cochlear implant can be availed based on guidelines of ADIP scheme (Revised 2014).Further details are available on /External website that opens in a new window

Academic admissions can be availed based on the all India entrance exams for UG and PG courses and through NEET for UG and PGASLP CET (conducted by DMER) for PG. Information for other courses can be availed from D-105.

Suggestions or complaints can be given in suggestion/complaint box of institute or you can directly contact to the director or at email ayjnihh-mum[at]nic[dot]in

To collaborate for camps, one can contact The Director. You can send letter or email for camps. Camps are conducted all over India. For further details you may visit OES department.

For an individual to be enrolled in NIOS, he/she can visit the NIOS website and avail AYJNISHD (D), Mumbai as a study center. Admission is based as per guidelines. For further details you can contact D-206/207

Contact the Head of Education department (D-206) and addresses can also be obtained from there.